James Middleton Training – Bespoke WordPress training courses in the South West of England, UK.
WordPress is a robust and highly flexible, online website authoring tool. It is free to download and boasts a state-of-the-art CMS (Content Management System). Knowing how to configure WordPress and promote your web content is the key to the success of your business or online presence. Both SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and accessibility play a large role in our WordPress training courses.
Bespoke WordPress training: suggested objectives
We will tailor the WordPress training course to suit your requirements. Here is a list topical suggestions:
- Installation: Basic WordPress installation via a hosting company
- Setup and go: Best global settings
- Logging in: Accessing wp-admin
- User accounts: Creating and managing user accounts
- Site appearance: Installing themes
- Mobile friendly considerations: Mobile testing and accessibility
- Look and feel: Customising themes and layouts
- Understanding URLs: Permalinks and file names for SEO
- Creating pages: Authoring pages and posts
- Adding videos: Embedding YouTube videos
- Page layout: Using page templates
- Titling: The importance of a good title
- Stylising text: Typographic settings
- Adding images: Adding and managing images and galleries
- Creating links: Creating linked content within pages and posts
- Poster shots: Choosing a featured image
- Filtering content: Managing categories and tags
- Menu management: Generating and managing menus
- Add-ons: Adding essential plugins
- Widgetise: Understanding and placing widgets
- Email and contact: Setting up contact forms
- Find us: Adding a Google map
- Ecommerce: Creating and managing an online store (Woo-Commerce)
- Commincation: Managing comments
- Updating: Keeping a WordPress website up-to-date
- Social: Connecting to social media
- Site speed: Improving speed and performance
- Beyond WordPress: Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Security: Website security
Training course prices
Costs: £300 per day, based on one person, £95 for each additional person. A day is usually set at 9:30 am until 4:30 pm, with 1 hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks. This price does not include possible travel expenses for the trainer. Travel costs will be calculated for locations outside of the Dawlish area. Any additional charges will be calculated on application.
When you have submitted this form, we’ll be in touch. We will let you know how much the day’s training will be, and discuss convenient dates.
When we have received your payment, we will finalise the course details with you.
Really enjoyed the day I’ve
Really enjoyed the day I’ve learnt the basis of building a website with a bit more confidence.
A really useful day
Thank you for today’s course about WordPress. I can now go home and set up my own website using this website. I particularly like the top tips section!
I would certainly recommend James
I would certainly recommend James for anyone involved in WordPress. I have built websites using html and css, but he has a deep understanding of how WordPress works and can customise it .
Bespoke WordPress Training, Dawlish, nr. Exeter, Devon