James Middleton Training – WordPress training in Devon
Day course (1 day – introduction/intermediate):
- Start/End: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Breaks: 1 x 15 mins, 1 x 1 hour
- Total learning time: 5 hours 45 minutes
Evening course (2 evenings – introduction/intermediate):
- Start/End: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Breaks: none
- Total learning time: 5 hours
Dawlish (near Exeter, Devon): The Manor house, Old Town St, Dawlish EX7 9AW
Bristol: Mercure Hotel, Redcliff Hill, Bristol, BS1 6SQ
Available course dates in Dawlish
|8||20th February 2018||WordPress Introduction (Day Time)||Manor House, Dawlish|
|10||12th March 2018||WordPress Introduction (Day Time)||The Mercure Hotel, Bristol|
|6||24th April 2018, 26th April 2018||WordPress Introduction (Evening)||Manor House, Dawlish|
The following prices are per person, but a discount of £50 is given to each additional individual. Places must be booked at the same time. Example: 1 person £150, 2 people £250, 3 people £350, etc.
|Introduction (Day course)||£150|
|Introduction (Evening course)||£150|
|Intermediate (Day course)||£150|
|Intermediate (Evening course)||£150|
You will need:
- Prior knowledge: Basic computing skills
- Internet skills: Basic browsing and some social media interaction
- Your own laptop computer (PC/Mac/Linux)
- The ability to connect to WiFi – WiFi signal is provided
- Pen and paper
- Internet browser: Chrome or Firefox (these are optional, but preferred)
A demo WordPress website will be set up for you and will remain available for up to 10 days after the completion of the course. You will also receive access to notes from the course electronically.
Which course is for me?
Our Devon-based WordPress training courses are delivered on two levels:
- Introduction WordPress: Learn to build, or manage a WordPress website. No previous knowledge necessary. This course will take you through the basics of WordPress setup, as well as general page, post and comment management. This course is perfect for anyone, who wants to build or maintain an existing WordPress website. Course outline »
- Intermediate WordPress: For people with some prior knowledge of using WordPress. During this course, you will learn how to install plugins and customise themes. You will also discover how to run an online store. This training course is ideal for individuals who want to step deeper into WordPress settings, customisation or run an online eCommerce website. Course outline »
All aspects of learning are centred around the latest SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) practises. This will enable to the learner to gain greater visibility within search engine listings.
Introduction WordPress: Course outline
This course focuses on basic setup, authoring and general website management. By the end of this course, individuals will be able to setup and manage their own WordPress website:
- Install: Basic WordPress installation via a hosting company
- Login: Accessing wp-admin
- Users: Creating and managing user accounts
- Appearance: Installing themes
- Mobile: Mobile testing and accessibility
- URLs: Permalinks and file names for SEO
- Posts/Pages: Authoring pages and posts
- Uploading Images: Adding and managing images and galleries
- Creating Links: Creating linked content within pages and posts
- Videos: Embedding YouTube videos
- Organising: Generating menus and managing categories and tags
- Add-ons: Adding essential plugins
- Update: Keeping a WordPress website up-to-date
- Secure: Website security
Intermediate WordPress: Course outline
This course focuses on manual setup of WordPress, maintaining an online store, SEO and social media campaigns as well as advanced website management and security. During this course, you will learn and become proficient in the following:
- Install: Control Panel WordPress installation
- Tweak: Installing and customising themes and layouts
- Setup: Best global settings
- Layout: Using page templates
- Social: Connecting to social media
- Widgetise: Understanding and placing widgets
- Email: Setting up a contact form
- Find us: Adding a Google map
- Ecommerce: Creating and managing an online store (Woo-Commerce)
- Conversation: Managing comments
- Faster: Improving speed and performance
- Back-up: Backing up a WordPress website
- Secure: Website security
- Beyond WordPress: Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
Course dates & booking
Select a WordPress training course event below and complete the form. We will be in touch as soon as possible to make further arrangements. Discounts are available for groups.
I would certainly recommend James
I would certainly recommend James for anyone involved in WordPress. I have built websites using html and css, but he has a deep understanding of how WordPress works and can customise it .
Bespoke WordPress Training, Dawlish, nr. Exeter, Devon
After the closure of our previous website’s platform we were under pressure to move our entire website and hosting to a new platform. Fortunately for us we found James Middleton Training. The transition and dedication shown by James and company in facilitating a new and completely revamped website using WordPress has allowed us to do things we did not think possible.
Exceeded our expectations by miles.
Build a website in a day course, Exeter, Devon.
I wasn’t taught this in school!
It was a very interesting and useful course. I picked up loads of things that I hadn’t been taught in school. There was a lot of specific information about how to get your website noticed on search engines.
Bespoke WordPress Training, Dawlish, nr. Exeter, Devon.