A professionally customised website in just 7 hours!
One-to-one tuition & website-build
This private, one-day course will assist you in setting up a fully functioning, mobile friendly and editable WordPress website. Web design consultant James Middleton will support and lead you through all stages of the process.
The first part of the day will involve constructing the website. You will be shown how to configure your website for the best performance and future compatibility.
The second half of the day will focus on content development and SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). You will learn how to manage, update and edit your website, letting it grow with your businesses.
How much will it cost?
The full day’s one-to-one construction and training will cost £595 (no VAT to pay!) per person, based on a single website. You will have to pay and prearrange your own domain and server with an appropriate hosting company. If required, James Middleton Training will assist/advise you on this before the course commences for no extra cost.
This will be the venue of your choice. We can conduct the course on your own business premises if you wish. You can also prearrange a venue, or we can organise one for you.
- Installation overview (see Before the day – point 2)
- The best settings
- Theme installation
- Customise website appearance and layout
- Mobile testing and accessibility
- Plugin installation
- Essential plugins
- Security and speed
- Setting up user accounts
- Creating a standard page
- Typographical settings and tools
- Adding images and videos
- Creating links
- Adding pages to a menu system
- Creating a blog post
- Organising post categories and tags
- Reviewing and replying to comments
- Creating a form-based contact page
Simply fill out the booking form below. This will give us a better insight into your business and the kind of website you would like to develop. We want to be able to tailor this course around your business needs.
Before the day
This is a short course. Good preparation is key to a successful day. Before attending, ensure you have done the following:
- Buy a domain and server space: Ensure that your host can facilitate WordPress. I’d strongly recommend One.com as an excellent low-cost WordPress-friendly host.
- Install WordPress: WordPress must be installed before training commences. We will do this for you by arrangement before the course start date – no extra charge! Contact us for more information.
- Collate any images you would like on your site: Each image should be saved as either a jpg (for photographs), png (24bit) or gif for logos. Information on images.
- Prepare content: Write up copy for each page and supply it in a digital format, i.e. MS Word document. Keep your sentences short and concise. You can always change your copy after the course at any time.
What to bring
It is important that you bring the following to this course:
- Image and text: They must be in digital format and not print-outs to save time.
- A laptop computer: Windows, Mac or Linux/Android. Your device must have the ability to connect to WiFi.
- WordPress login: A username and password for your WordPress installation. If we are setting up WordPress for you, we will issue you with these details before the course.
- Host connection details: You will need to bring FTP (File Transfer Protocol) details to the course. This is in case any issues arise during the setup process. These details can be obtained from your host.
- Host control panel details: Username and password to gain access to your host’s control panel. This is in case any issues arise during the setup process.
- A web browser: We highly recommend Google Chrome.
If you have any questions concerning the above information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We would be more than happy to take you through the course requirements.
Extra information on costs
- The price excludes travel cost.
- The price is based on one person being present for the build. Each additional person will be charged an extra £95 and but must be working on the same website.
- £100 discount is given to anyone who has previously attended one of our WordPress training courses. The booking must be made within one calendar month in order to benefit from this offer.
- The training day will run from 10 am until 5 pm.
We thought it might be useful to provide you with an infographic (top right), to give you a visual overview of the course. Click on the image for full size version. Please feel free to copy and print this image.
Apply for “Build a website in a day” now!
I would certainly recommend James
I would certainly recommend James for anyone involved in WordPress. I have built websites using html and css, but he has a deep understanding of how WordPress works and can customise it .
Bespoke WordPress Training, Dawlish, nr. Exeter, Devon
After the closure of our previous website’s platform we were under pressure to move our entire website and hosting to a new platform. Fortunately for us we found James Middleton Training. The transition and dedication shown by James and company in facilitating a new and completely revamped website using WordPress has allowed us to do things we did not think possible.
Exceeded our expectations by miles.
Build a website in a day course, Exeter, Devon.
I wasn’t taught this in school!
It was a very interesting and useful course. I picked up loads of things that I hadn’t been taught in school. There was a lot of specific information about how to get your website noticed on search engines.
Bespoke WordPress Training, Dawlish, nr. Exeter, Devon.